Introduction to Unix on Biowulf Lesson 1
When: May. 16th, 2023 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Learning Level: Beginner
- Where: Online
- Organized By: BTEP
- Presented By: Joe Wu (BTEP)
About this Class
Welcome to Introduction to Unix on Biowulf. This course consists of four one-hour lessons that will run weekly on Tuesdays from 1 -2 PM starting May 16. Subsequent lessons will be held on May 23, May 30, and June 6. Registering for the first lesson will enroll you for all lessons, you do not need to register for each lesson separately. An optional help session will follow each lesson from 2 – 3 PM. Everyone will use a Biowulf Student Account for this course, you do not need to have your own Biowulf account. All lessons will be recorded and made available on the BTEP website.
Please sign up for the course only if you attend all 4 class sessions as the class size will be limited. This course will be repeated in the near future.
In this course, participants will
- Learn to log onto Biowulf (lesson 1, May 16)
- Learn to navigate the folder and file (directory) structure on Biowulf (lesson 2, May 23)
- Learn to work with very large Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) files on a Unix system (lesson 3, May 30)
- Understand how to run interactive, swarm and batch jobs as well as work with bioinformatics modules on Biowulf (lesson 4, June 6)
2318 574 8744
Join by video system
You can also dial 126.96.36.199 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
1-650-479-3207 Call-in number (US/Canada)
Access code: 2318 574 8744
Global call-in numbers: